The title of my blog Ramblings and Reminisces is no doubt self evident, but I would like to elucidate. I hope that occasional ramblings through the kaleidoscope of ideas that are a part of any day, will give me a starting point for metaphorically throwing some ink on the page. While rambling, I will inevitably stumble across something that triggers memories of the past - this Proustian like connection will be my reminisces - however, to quote Proust himself, "remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things that were".
One of the reasons I enjoy the poetry of Gwen Harwood is because of the way she uses memory within her poems, connecting current experience to the past. Although anything I write will be mundane and bland, I will, nevertheless attempt to write something, hoping that, as Proust said "the real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes".
No comments:
Post a Comment